Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
Is there a guide for the installation of V-Series on premises?
Instructions to make V-Series available to other machines, using the V-Series API running under Microsoft IIS.
Please Note: VSeries v5.1 requires IIS and .NET 4 (installed in that order)
Although Microsoft Server screens may vary slightly, go to 'Turn Windows Features on or off' and configure it as follows:
1. Tick Web Management Tools and ASP.NET to get the result shown below:
2. Click 'OK' and wait for it to complete.
3. After IIS is installed, install .NET 4 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=17718
The V-Series v5.1 installer should now be used and both tests should pass at the end of the installer when you choose to install the REST service.
Configure V-Series site to allow external access:
1. Right click on the V-Series website and choose “edit bindings”
2. Click 'Add…'
3. Then add the name of the machine or a domain name that points at the server’s ip address as follows::
Optionally, choose a free port.
4. At this point you should be able to access V-Series from another machine.
5. To test, please try this url: http://machinename:8000/api/getversion
If you need any assistance with this, please contact Support on +44 (0) 118 925 8250.