Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How do I reset the password for the PT-X drive account?
NOTE: We recommend that this carried out by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
- On the server that runs PT-X Drive there will be a Windows service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive”.
- Launch Windows services on the server. This can be done by going to start >Search services > Right click on the program named “services”.
- Locate the service named “Bottomline-PTX-Drive” right click and click stop.
- The PT-X administrator can then reset the account through the portal.
- Once the password reset email has been received follow the link to reset the password.
- On the PT-X Drive server locate the PT-X Drive install folder and rename settings.xml to SettingsOLD.xml.
- Run the file in the install folder names PTX Drive.bat and follow the instructions to configure the account.
- Click on the default for the first prompt.
- Enter the User Account for the next prompt.
- Enter the Password for the next prompt.
- Select the default for the final prompt. Close out of this batch (DOS) window.
- Go back into Window services and start the Drive service.