Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How to install PT-X Drive v1.2.11
The latest version of PT-X drive is v1.2.11. The installation files will be available to download from the PT-X site after you login. Download and run the file named PTX-DriveSetup.msi. This will extract the files ready for Drive to be setup.
If you do not see an option to download the files please contact Technical Support:
Telephone: +44 (0) 118 925 8250. Choose option 2 for Technical Support then select option 1 for PT-X
How to install and set up and setup PT-X drive. Please note, this should be completed on the machine that is already running PT-X Drive
- Download the MSI file from the link provided to any location.
- Once PTX-DriveSetup.msi has been downloaded, double click the file to start the setup process.
NB: Depending on your machine, you may get a security prompt before running. You should <allow> or <run> this to continue setup.
- On the welcome screen, click <next>.
- The next screen will allow you to choose where the Drive program will be installed. Choose the destination folder required (default will be C:\PT-X Drive\).
NB: You must choose a different folder from the existing PT-X install folder in order not to overwrite the existing setup.
- Click <Next>.
- Click <Install>. This will extract the files.
- On the final screen, you will be prompted for a login email and password. These details will be for the PT-X account from which you wish to run the drive software
- Click <Next> and then <Finish>
- Browse to the location of the installation files that you chose in step 4.
- Run the .bat file named 'bottomline-ptx-drive-windows-service.bat'. This will launch a command prompt screen.
- Once the window has launched, it will run through the configuration necessary to enable Drive. Default options are displayed in brackets. Unless you wish to change these, click <enter> to continue. The only information you will need to enter is your PT-X account username and the password you want to use in order to run PT-X Drive.
- The first option is the URL 'https://uk.pt-x.com' which does need changing. Click <enter> to continue.
- Enter the email address of the PT-X user account for Drive.
- Enter the password for the PT-X user account for Drive.
- The archive folder for uploaded files may be changed if required. Otherwise, click <enter> and Drive will use the default location.
- Logging may be left at INFO. Click <enter> to continue.
- Drive polling may also be left as the default. Click <enter> to continue.
- Drive intervals may be left as the default. Click <enter> to continue.
- This will complete the setup and start the PT-X Drive service.
For additional information on how to change the options in Drive, please follow the steps in this document