Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
Unable to open ePay client - Error: Albany.eft.corporate.client has stopped working
If you are trying to load the ePay client but get the error: "Albany.eft.corporate.client has stopped working" this can be caused by an issue with the local windows profile ePay configuration file.
As a workaround you can try logging into the machine as a different user and see if they have the same issue when launching the ePay client. Otherwise there is a local settings config file that can be recreated by doing the following:
We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
- Browse to and open your C: drive folder.
- Within there, select the ‘users’ folder.
- Locate the profile folder (this will be the name as the username you log into the machine as) and open this folder.
- From here, open the ‘AppData’ folder.
- Next, select the ‘local’ folder.
- Open the folder names ‘Bottomline Technologies’ folder and follow the folders which appear after – Albany.EFT.Corporate.Client > [version number]
NOTE: if you have multiple folders located here, you will need to do the next step in each folder
- Please rename any ‘user.config’ text files that appear in this folder to, for example, ‘user.config old’ - (anything is acceptable)
- After the above steps have been completed try reloading the ePay client and this will cause a fresh ‘user.config’ file to be automatically created
If you are still experiencing issues please contact Technical Support on +44 (0)118 925 8250 option 2. Please provide them with the steps you have taken and any information you have found.