Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How do I run the Bank Validation (Sort Code and Account numbers) updates for ePay?
ePay has a built in verification engine that compares the sort codes and account numbers of your transaction data to an internal database. Each month a new update is released to download the latest sort codes and account numbers from Bacs. To ensure you are comparing your data against the latest information, please use the following instructions:
This database can be updated manually or automatically. To run this manually and to set this up to run automatically do the following:
1. Log into ePay as a user with permissions to the 'System Setup' menu.
Please Note: An administrator will have this by default.
2. Browse to 'System Setup' > 'System Maintenance'.
3. Highlight the 'Bank Account validation' task.
4. To run manually click 'Update Now'. Click 'OK' and then click the refresh button at the top of the window (3 arrows in a circle). Please monitor the last status field, this will go to 'started' and then 'completed'. If the task fails the status will change to 'task failed', in this instance please see article: I have tried to run the bank account validation updates, but it is saying task failed.
5. Once this runs successfully you can configure the schedule by clicking 'Schedule' under the 'Update Now' button and make sure the schedule is active (top right). Please ensure that the time of the task runs between 09:00 and 17:00. If you find the automatic task does not work try changing the scheduled times to 10:05, 09:15, 09:05.