Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How do I send my input file and the file format that reads it?
To locate the input file:
1. Log into the software.
2. Go to 'Administration'.
3. Click on 'Payment Profiles'.
4. Select the Payment Profile that you are using.
5. Click on the 'Processing Rules' tab.
6. Leave the table in 'Basic View'.
7. Highlight the 'File Name and Location' field.
8. Click on the browse button. This will open the 'File Name Mask' window.
Copy the file path and naviagte to your Windows 'Start' menu. Paste the file path in the search programmes and files box and press 'Enter'. This will take you to the input file. Please copy and paste this file onto the desktop.
To export you file format:
1. Log in as an Administrator.
2. Click on 'Administration' and then 'Payment Profiles'.
3. Highlight the payment profile you are using.
4. Click on the 'Processing Rules' tab.
5. Browse for the 'File Format' field and make a note of which one you are using.
6. Click on 'File Formats' from the menu on the left hand side.
7. Browse and highlight the file format that was being used.
8. At the top of the screen click the 'Export' button.
9. Save the file to your desktop.
You will now have both your input file and the file format that reads it on your desktop.