Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How can I change my service user account in ePay?
The active directory account that runs the windows service is the account that is used for any tasks that run in the ePay software. To change this account it must be done through windows services on the ePay server. Please follow instructions below:
We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
1. Log into the ePay server as an administrator account or a user with access to the windows services screen
2. Launch windows services by going to 'Start' > 'Run' and type 'services.msc' or by searching services in the search bar
3. Right click the service named 'Albany ePay' > 'Properties'.
Please Note: If you are using ePay 2.0 this will be named the 'Bottomline ePay' service.
4. Select the 'Logon' tab and check the account name.
5. Change the account name accordingly and enter the new password in the 2 boxes below.
6. You will then need to stop and start the service. Right click 'Albany ePay' service and then select 'Stop', wait 10 seconds. Right click the service and then click 'Start'.
If you have any issues starting the service please see article: Unable to start the ePay service.
Please ensure the following are in place to avoid issues with starting the service and with using this account as the ePay service account:
- The account has access read and write to the Albany installation folder.
- The account has the local rights to run windows services.
- The account has full access to the SQL database.
- The account has access to browse the internet and in particular the payment services website: https://paymentservices.bacs.co.uk.
- The account has read and write access to all data import locations set in the software.