Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How do I configure and make changes to the backup in ePay?
To setup the ePay backup, change the schedule or alter the backup location. Follow the instructions below:
We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server, is familiar with your IT infrastructure and your disaster recovery solutions.
1. Log in as the administrator.
2. Browse to 'System Setup' > 'System Maintenance'.
3. Click on 'Database Backup'.
4. Highlight 'Database Backup' at the top of the screen.
5. Under the 'Backup Details' tab you can specify the backup folder, this will be the location for the backup.
Please Note: When browsing the folder location this will look at the local computers directory NOT the server. Be sure to back up to a location that is secure. The service user account that runs the ePay service on the ePay server, will need permission to read and write to this location.
6. It is recommended to verify the backup when finished and un-tick the 'Use password' option. This option is only recommended if you need to secure the backup files individually.
7. To test the backup, click 'Run Now' > Then click the refresh button at the top of the screen, this will update the progress. If you experience any failures check the log file 'log.txt' located on the server in the 'Albany ePay' installation folder which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Albany\ePay\Logs.
Please Note: If you are using ePay 2.0 the default location would be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bottomline Technologies\ePay Server\logs
8. To setup this task to run automatically or to change when this task runs. Click the 'Schedule' button on the right hand side and amend the frequency as required. Please make sure that you set the schedule to active.
If you are having issue with the backup task failing in ePay please see the related article: Database backup task failing in ePay, what should I do?