Welcome to Bottomline Customer Support
Search frequently asked questions
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below.
How can I refund a payment?
To refund a payment please follow the instructions below:
1. Select the debtor who is to receive the refund.
2. In the 'Payment Plans' area of the debtor's details, click ‘Payment Plans’.
3. In the list of payment plans, select the check box next to the plan you want to refund.
4. Click ‘Actions’, point to 'Payments', and then click ‘New Refund’.
5. Enter details of the refund, and then click ‘OK’.
Once you have created the refund transaction, it must be authorised before it can be submitted to the payments service.
If letters are enabled, the Direct Debit system generates a refund letter and places it in the letters outbox ready for printing or sending by email.