If you are trying to load the ePay client but get the error: "Albany.eft.corporate.client has stopped working" this can be caused by an issue with the local windows profile ePay configuration file.
As a workaround you can try logging into the machine as a different user and see if they have the same issue when launching the ePay client. Otherwise there is a local settings config file that can be recreated by doing the following:
We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
- Browse to and open your C: drive folder.
- Within there, select the ‘users’ folder.
- Locate the profile folder (this will be the name as the username you log into the machine as) and open this folder.
- From here, open the ‘AppData’ folder.
- Next, select the ‘local’ folder.
- Open the folder names ‘Bottomline Technologies’ folder and follow the folders which appear after – Albany.EFT.Corporate.Client > [version number]
NOTE: if you have multiple folders located here, you will need to do the next step in each folder
- Please rename any ‘user.config’ text files that appear in this folder to, for example, ‘user.config old’ - (anything is acceptable)
- After the above steps have been completed try reloading the ePay client and this will cause a fresh ‘user.config’ file to be automatically created
If you are still experiencing issues please contact Technical Support on +44 (0)118 925 8250 option 2. Please provide them with the steps you have taken and any information you have found.