During the submission process ePay can be setup to automatically print reports. Before configuring automatic printing you must make sure the printer has been setup on the server under the ePay service user account. ePay uses the default printer for this account in order to print the reports.
We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
1. Log into the ePay server as the service user account.
Please Note: To find out which account is being used to run the ePay service see article: How can I find the account being used to run the ePay service (ePay service user account)?
2. Open 'Printers' and make sure the default printer is setup so that you can print to this device.
Please Note: Some print drivers and printers are not supported by ePay’s automatic report printing. If you have setup a printer and still have issues try using a different driver or device.
3. If you need to make any changes to the printers you will need to restart the ePay service as follows:
4. Open up windows services by going to 'Start' > 'Run' or search for 'Services.msc' > Find the 'Albany ePay' service > Right click and select 'Stop'.
Please Note: If you are using ePay 2.0, this will be called 'Bottomline ePay' service.
5. Wait 10 seconds, then right click the service and select 'Start'.
If you have not used automatic printing before you can configure automatic printing using the following instructions:
This will need to be done for each payment profile you wish to use:
1. Log into ePay as the administrator.
2. Browse to 'Administration' and click on 'Payment Profiles'.
3. Select the Profile you are submitting from.
4. Select the 'Processing Rules' tab at the bottom of the page.
5. Click 'Advance view'.
6. Scroll down to 'Automatically print Processing Reports'.
7. Change the option from the drop down menu to 'Yes'.