The ePay application utilises two sets of databases, the EFT database and EFT_scheduler database. These database’s are held within an SQL instance.
The EFT database holds information for the software e.g. users accounts, payment profiles and passwords.
The EFT_scheduler holds information regarding schedules in the software.
SQL Management Studio is used to connect to the SQL instance and administer the databases.
It is common that the SQL instance exists on the same machine as the ePay server.
Opening SQL management studio on this server may default to the correct instance.
IF you are unsure the name of the SQL instance where these databases reside can be located by following the below:
Please Note: We strongly recommend this is performed by your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
1. Log into the ePay server. For help locating your ePay server please see the following: How can I locate my ePay server?
2. Browse to the ePay Server installation directory. The default location will be:
ePay 1.8 or lower - C:\Program Files (x86)\Albany\ePay Server.
ePay 2.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bottomline Technologies\ePay Server.
1. Locate the config file “Albany.EFT.Corporate.Service.exe.config” and open in Notepad
2. Click CTRL+F to open the find box and type “Data Source”
3. To the right of data source you will see the name of the SQL server and the instance. For example:
To connect to this instance and to access the EFT databases you can launch SQL management studio and under server name type in the SERVER NAME\INSATANCE NAME. EG: PC02787\SQLEXPRESS
Please Note: If the server name part (section before the \) reads .\ this means localhost. This will identify that the machine the ePay server software is on is running SQL