We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
After launching the ePay client if you receive error: The ePay service on machine ‘[EPAY SERVER NAME]’ could not be found or is not running, this issue is caused when the service is not running on the ePay server.
The ePay server name should be identified in the error. If this is named 'Localhost' this means the local machine is running the ePay server software. For additional help finding your server please see article: How can I locate my ePay server?
Once logged into the server please follow the steps below:
1. Access the services menu (Start > Run > Services.msc).
2. You will then need to start the Bottomline ePay' service.
3. This can be done by right clicking on the service and selecting 'Start Service'.
4. If the service fails, this indicates an issue with either the account running the service or an environmental issue. To diagnose this please see article: Unable to start the ePay service.
5. Once the issue has been corrected and the service starts successfully you can then re-launch the ePay client
For additional help please contact the support desk on +44 (0)118 925 8250 and choosing option 2 for Technical Support, providing the steps taken so far.