Yes you can delete a fingerprint after it has been created, but it is very rarely that this will be required as a hierarchy of fingerprints operates when the newest matching fingerprint will be used first. It is most likely to be needed when a supplier makes small changes to their document layout.
Articles in this section
- My Microsoft Partner provides and runs my ERP, can they do the same for Transform AP?
- Can invoices be viewed at remote sites?
- Can Invoices be approved by email?
- I don’t use a Microsoft Dynamics ERP, can I still use Transform AP?
- How will Transform AP initially classify an invoice?
- Can Transform AP match vendors based on VAT code?
- What is the advantage of header level capture?
- What Transform AP for SharePoint training is available?
- Who are Bottomline Technologies
- I want a single solution provider, what can you offer?