We recommend that this is done by somebody in your IT department who has full access to the server and is familiar with your IT infrastructure.
When you are trying to start the ePay service but it fails with error code 1067 there is an issue with the ePay software communicating with the SQL database.
- 1. The ePay software uses the EFT database. You will need to locate this and make sure that the SQL service has started.
- If it has not started, start the SQL service. Then start the ePay service.
- If the SQL service has started then you will need to check the server logs to ascertain why the service has failed.
- 2. If you have checked the windows event application logs receive port error messages, then it is likely that the ePay software is unable to connect to the EFT database due to the port availability. You can reboot the server which will reset the SQL instance dynamic ports.
- 3. Ensure that the ePay service account is a local administrator to the server, that has all the correct privileges for the SQL instance where the EFT database is held.
If you are using version 1.8.5 of the ePay software the most common reason for this error code is an orphaned table issue. Please contact Bottomline Technical Support and provide the steps taken so we can assist you further. You can contact us by dialing 0118 925 8250 (option 3) for Technical Support.