This is often down to the permission linked to your card or HSM, please ensure that your HSM/smart card certificates are valid and in date. Additionally please make sure that your smart card is fully inserted into the reader and that the Regtool process is running.
Steps for smart card users
- Open Internet Explorer as other browsers are not supported.
- Browse to https://paymentservices.bacs.co.uk
- Enter your PIN into the eSIGNER pop up
- If the pop up does not show please check you are using IE or contact your IT to investigate.
- If you are greeted with ‘You have failed to log on with your Digital Certificate' it would indicate that the card is not active and you will need to contact your sponsoring bank to investigate.
- If you are shown any other error messages on the page it would indicate an issue with the eSIGNER software provided by your sponsoring bank and they will need to investigate.
- If you can access the Payment Services webpage successfully, please navigate to ‘My Details’, then scroll to the bottom of the page and check the privileges and ensure you have ‘Sign and Submit live or test submissions’. If this is not available, then please contact your sponsoring bank and request that you have this privilege added to the card.
Steps for HSM users
- Check you have a connection to the internet.
- Check your HSM is online.
- Check your HSM certificate is in date via the client site.
If you have tried these steps and are still unable to submit, please contact Bottomline Support.